Emergency Community Support Fund
The application process for the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) is now closed.
COVID-19 is top of mind for everyone and is affecting the way we all support those who are vulnerable in our communities. This pandemic has created an increase in demand for local services, shortages in supplies, and disruption in service.
The Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) is a $350 million investment made by the Government of Canada, through Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), to support vulnerable populations as they manage the impacts of COVID-19.
The Government of Canada has partnered with United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations Canada, and the Canadian Red Cross to distribute the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) across the country.
United Ways and Centraides in Canada are pleased to provide support to local community service organizations that provide rapid, emergency community support to vulnerable community members. Applications are made available and reviewed locally. Our aim is to make this application process simple.
Applications can be submitted from May 19 to July 8, 2020. Decisions will be made as they are reviewed by volunteers from our United Way Community Investment Committee.
- United Way of Greater Moncton and Southeastern New Brunswick Region (GMSENB) funds charities and other qualified donees.
- For the ECSF we are accepting applications from southeastern New Brunswick, but also from the regions of Bathurst/Chaleur, Miramichi/Gloucester, and the Acadian Peninsula.
- Please see the Applicant Guide for detailed guidelines for community service organizations seeking ECSF funds.
The ECSF will provide financial support for community services that:
- Address a pressing social inclusion or well-being need caused or worsened by COVID-19,
- Serve one or more vulnerable groups (defined in the applicant guide and application), and
- Will be carried out with a reasonable budget before March 31, 2021.
How to apply
- Please complete your application online using e-CImpact.
- You will see two Funding application options: 2021 Strengthening Our Community and the Emergency Community Support Fund. Select Emergency Community Support Fund.
- For Partner agencies who have used e-CImpact in the past, click here for directions.
- If you are registering a new agency, click here for instruction on how to log on to e-CImpact.
Please click on all the icons and help links that provide additional instructions, including:
- On the form for Types of program/initiatives and tracking, when you click on the Additional instructions link on the right, it will note that you must select a minimum of three outputs to track.
- Also, in the budget form, your revenue and expenses must balance. If it shows a deficit, it will be in red.
If you have any questions or need further information, contact Paul Toner at email@example.com or (506) 858-8600 x3665.
Note: If you are a non-profit organization but not a registered charity, please note there are grants available through the Canadian Red Cross. Please visit them here.